The Sander position visually inspects unfinished assembled furniture for surface defects and prepares the furniture for finishing. The idea candidate is required to trim and smooth rough edges, flat surfaces, remover scratches, dirt and glue using putty knife, scraper, sandpaper and an air powered sander - jitterbug. Good judgement and an attention to detail are required in this role.
Prepare pieces for finishing including:
- Knowledge in hand sanding.
- Inspects furniture for surface defects.
- Knowledge in repairing surface defects.
- Production record keeping and reporting
- Attention to detail is required.
- Maintain quality standards
- Other responsibilities as assigned by Manager
- Must have working knowledge of air powered sanders scraper, sandpaper, etc.
- Lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in furniture.